Introducing My RealDash

We have been working on this for a very long time and finally; We are very happy to introduce new web service, My RealDash

https://my.realdash.net

My RealDash allows you to synchronize all your files, like settings, datalogs, trip diary, custom dashboards and such to a web service and keep your files synchronized over different devices running RealDash.

With active subscription you get:

• All RealDash full version features are active.
  • Access to all RealDash premium dashboards, current and new ones as soon as they come available.
  • Synchronization of your files between devices and files are available for download from my.realdash.net
  • Live Data Streaming
  • You can use 3 devices at the same time on same account

This new web service allows us to build an installation packages that are completely stripped from Google/Microsoft services. In addition this enables us to finally build a public Linux version.

There is still some work to do on web part of the service, but basic functionality is already there. We certainly hope that you will find this service useful and take it into use. Then we will keep adding new features into the web service.

Please let us know what kind of features in My RealDash would add value to you. There are discussion topics underneath this announcement.

This looks great, hopefully this new revenue stream will allow for RealDash to go to the next level !

Thanks! We really love working on RealDash, and hope this will give us extra boost to keep doing this for a long time.

This is awesome! Glad to see it come to fruition.

There seems to be an issue with the login portal. It says it sends a confirmation email, but I have not received anything. Did the usual check through junk mail and I can’t make a new account since the email is already in use.
Screenshot 2021-09-07 091033.png

Just tested this myself and received an confirmation email. It took couple of minutes though. Email comes from noreply@realdash.net, check that you have not blocked that or if it has gone to the junk mail box.

The confirmation letter does not come to the e-mail.
Add a resubmit button

Same here, no confirmation mail.

I have received it now and can login!

We are investigating the problem. You can try it again as many times as you want, new email is sent every time, but for now it seems like there is just a long delay on receiving the email.

I guess we are waiting on 1.9.6 to activate the features in RD?

We are working on to get My RealDash enabled APK available for direct download today. Next store version (1.9.6) will also have an option to log in to My RealDash.

there is still no letter, I cannot send it again.
Screenshot_2021-09-08-16-52-58-410_com.yandex.browser.jpg

We did find from the logs that our email provider is limiting amount of sent emails as it thinks somebody is using it for spamming. We won’t be able to fix this until tomorrow.

The My RealDash specific APK is ready and will be available for download after login on https://my.realdash.net also tomorrow.

APK very slow and barely functioning so far on my px5 android headunit.

Where did you get the APK, as it was added to My RealDash ‘Downloads’ section just minutes ago?

Edit: Well, I guess you got it at the same minute it was published :smiley:

What do you mean by slow and barely functioning? Please provide more detailed information about the problem in order to troubleshoot.

Actually, the My RealDash specific APK should be faster and smaller as it is stripped from all Google Play store, analytics and advertisement stuff.

Update for confirmation emails not going thru. This is due a security setting on our ISP. As soon as it detects multiple email sends at the same time it assumes that smtp server is used for spamming and bans the connection to it. Our ISP is working on a solution, but for whatever reason they failed to do so today. We hope to get it running properly tomorrow.

For those who have been able to sign-in, there is a custom built APK in My RealDash ‘Downloads’ section. This APK has been completely stripped from Google services and requires log in to My RealDash.

Yes, screen update, response to button presses etc.

So to help troubleshooting this is what is happening.

Upon first installing the APK and running, i was presented the login for MRD.
After a couple of goes (app crashing) i got logged in, but all very slow.

I just tried again from a cold boot and the following happens. (loads the default RD dash and says it’s not purchased then crashes)

The app seems unresponsive, so i kill it.

Second run i get this. (systems message saying RD is not responding)

So again it’s killed.

Third time I’m able to load my default dashboard (manually from the gallery), however it’s very slow. In the image below it’s connected to my ECU and the figures would normally be updating at quite a rate, here they change perhaps every 10 or 20 seconds.

Admittedly, in my haste i did not completly uninstall the google version, i just went over the top of it, so perhaps i need to remove everything again?

Google image links not working apparently :frowning:

Removed RD and installed again from APK.

It was a lot more fluid, I obviously had to setup my can connection again and download my dash file etc.

I thought it was fixed, then it decided to go back to the default dashboard again (complete with message that “this premium dashboard is not purchased for this user” then it all went to complete treacle again, can’t do anything.