Introducing My RealDash

The message “this premium dashboard is not purchased for this user”- and falling back to default dashboard is due that your customized dashboard (seen on your google images) is based on Data Engineers Dream premium dashboard. As you do not have My RealDash subscription active that gives access to the premium dashboards. So that is its expected behaviour. My RealDash specific version is not connected to Google and is unable to verify Google purchases.

How are you connected to your vehicle? OBD2? Bluetooth, USB, WiFi?

As of crashes or slowdowns, I have not been able to reproduce anything like that, but will investigate for sure.

Subscription should be active though, I have paid?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tNKYRTqKH1UEguAQA

CAN connection is via serial (USB can analyser).

M

Ok, we found the problem on server side, should be ok now, please give it a go. I think the performance issues can be also caused by this same server issue.

This has not been the smoothest launch of the service, but launching something completely new rarely is. We appreciate your patience and help on this.

The signup email confirmation should be ok now, it you already did the signup but did not receive the confirmation email, go to My RealDash web page and do sign-in (instead of sign-up), and new confirmation email is sent.

All the subscriptions are handled by professional web-payment company, so your subscriptions will not disappear even if we have issues on our web service. We also do not store any of your payment information on My RealDash service, they are safe on the service provider. We will continue to use a lot of our resources to make this 100% stable and reliable.

Cool, I’ll check when i get a chance then :slight_smile:)

ok, so error message has gone (once the unit could establish internet connection).

However, it was again very unresponsive, so i left it in case it was running background tasks.
Eventually it became responsive again.

Sync to MRD had completed, but if i manually trigger a sync then again it’s unresponsive and where sync should be very quick it remained on step 1/6 until i got fed up and switched it off.

So, i think the MRD is an idea with potential, i was happy to support as for me RD is worth more than the small amount I have paid for it. BUT it can’t be this reliant on active / fast internet connection as that will often not be available on in car installs. If it requires a constant connection then i will be going back to the google play version.

Unfortunately, the confirmation is still not coming(((
Is there another way to confirm the login?

I agree, and it should not act like that (slowdowns) on the file sync, even on very slow connection. Will investigate and fix.

OK, thanks.

Both the authentication to MRD and the sync process need to be sympathetic to network connection that comes and go’s and may not be there when RD starts.

Shortly after I announced that signup emails are working, they got stuck again. Nothing much we can do about it over the weekend, sorry about that :frowning:

Back on Google play version as I need to get some data logging done over the weekend.

Resetting the config in garage, app settings etc is getting old.

Can we have an export settings option put on the backlog?

Eh. I was unlucky. I will look forward to Monday. It’s interesting, after all, what you did)))
At least show me a picture of what it looks like?

The web site is quite basic for now, you are not missing much.

I’m sure they will get these teething issues fixed next week.

Go to the Garage and tap the burger menu on top left of the screen. On menu select ‘Export’.

Yes, I’m sure of that too.

The website is currently basically a storage for synced files. We have big plans though. One big thing that we have been designing is ability to share ‘Community Dashboards’ between MRD (<- I like that) users.

But first things first, lets get what we got now working smoothly. Then I would very much like to hear from you what new features would be cool for MRD.

Thanks, will try it :slight_smile:

I finally leaked to the site.
I love the download menu.
but I do not understand the moment for users who already had full versions.
As I understand it, RD is now rented for one year?

Yes, MRD is a new option that gives everything from RealDash + file sync for annual subscription. This allows us to develop and distribute ‘App store free’ versions of RealDash and offer a license for Manufacturers that use RealDash. Google/Microsoft/Apple store versions will remain and are updated on same phase as MRD version.

Note that option to log-in to MRD will come to Play store version also, which is capable of verifying the purchases made from Google.

The confirmation email problems should be solved now as we moved to different smtp provider. Also, there is new APK for available in MRD ‘Downloads’ section that solves the performance issues some users were experiencing while RD was synchronizing files between MRD.

Awesome, will try it out later.