Linux version info and install instructions

I think we can build arm64 version for the next batch.

Yeah if 32bit wonā€™t run on 64 bit os, I would be willing to test this on a vim3.

I have a VIM3 and an Odroid N2+. Same issue on both, as they are 64 bit. Iā€™m not savvy enough with Linux to set up workarounds.

I picked up a Pi 4, and it does run, but again, the load time on the desktop environment is the real killer at this point.

I think taking the vim3 and doing something similar to dietpi mixed with itā€™s emmc over sd card, the vim3 might boot extremely fast.

Iā€™ve tried for the most part of the day to try and get it to work, but no dice.

I have a test environment setup and ready for when you have a arm64 version ready.

So hereā€™s a bit of things that Iā€™ve noticed.

Iā€™m seeing the same crash going to garage as psedog is seeing, and I did the same setup as him using his scripts on a pi 3. However if I launch Realdash from the full desktop garage works properly.

Hereā€™s another issue that Iā€™ve been trying to get fixed on the os/hardware level and maybe someone can give me some insight or perhaps this same fix can be ported over to the linux build https://www.realdash.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=650

My screen is listed as a 1280x390 screen but I canā€™t get the pi to use anything other than 1280x720, which is causing things in realdash to be stretched.

Not that I have a clue what iā€™m talking about, but have you tried the hidden [NOSCALE] option?
https://www.realdash.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=897&p=3657&hilit=[NOSCALE]#p3657

That doesnā€™t appear to have fixed it.

Raspberry Pi 3 & 4 are also 64bit chips, but you can always install a 32bit OS on it.

Maybe boot a raspberry pi image on your other devices. Itā€™s all Linux and arm chips after all.

For the ultra wide issues, did you change the xsession value?

xrandr --fb 1920x720
Or
xrandr --fb 1280x480

I did a little bit, but Iā€™ll mess with it a bit more another time. Maybe the 64 bit arm will be out then and I can test it more properly on the vim3 I have with ubuntu. The above testing was on a Rpi3 and Iā€™m not sure if I want to use it.

Also, make sure you change the aspect ratio in settings.
Double check your screens aspect ratio with the options that are available. I noticed a bunch of the thin wide panels are in ratios that are beyond the support of RealDash (example 1920x480). Thatā€™s a ratio of 4 (4:1), which has no option, lol.
I think the widest supported is 8:3 (ex 1280x480) or 2.667.

RealDash does ask for a screen size from X. The problem is with some wide displays that they report being in different resolution that they really are and shrink the image internally. We have a box full of 1920x540 displays that report being a full-hd screen and just squish the image internally. We have a ā€˜Ultrawide Haxxorā€™ option in Android version of RealDash to somewhat overcome this.

That hack in android works on an android vim 3 Iā€™m also testing.

It may seem that the problem is in the displays, but if you dig deeper, it becomes clear that the distribution kit of the same android does not have the ā€œUltra wideā€ resolution.
But if this display is connected to WIN 10, then the resolution is easily found. It turns out that Windows - can!
Need to find someone who makes their own builds of Android/Linux,
someone who could find somewhere on Habr the right library or driver with a custom display resolution, and could add it to the distribution. Then the display will appear as needed.

Did the 2.0.2 release have the arm64 build?

Working on it. We need to set up new environment for the arm64 build and it takes some time.

The arm64 install package is now at MRD web.

Nice. Iā€™ll have to give that a look.

I have the 32bit running on a Pi3 with a 24s boot time from USB power to RealDash splash screen. Iā€™m working on an ultrawide theme now (1280x400). Just got my screen for my car.