Multiple App Issues

Janni recommended me a while back to start using the forum to report any issues I find within the app.

Would I need to need to create a new discussion each and every time?

Also could I just make a huge list of items or post them one at a time?

I am currently using an Android Device. I have it set to Fahrenheit and Miles.

What is the target ID for “Distance until next Service”?

Also I’m comparing “Distance until next Service” to X miles but it’s treating it as X km. I know that as I checked the value of “Distance until next Service”.

The value showed 745 miles when the trigger should’ve happened at 1200 miles. Used Google to convert 745 miles and it’s roughly 1200 km.

Could we fix that?

I think it’s been said that triggers will always use Celsius and Kilometers but I beg to differ as my triggers in Fahrenheit work with no issues.

The problem is that these are calculated values, I don’t see a definition of miles or kilometers there, maybe try to associate ODO with GPS

ODO and GPS? I don’t see what the odometer and GPS would do.

The value I’m checking is “Distance til Next Service”.

I have the app set to miles for the units.

So IF “Distance til Next Service” > 1200 for example

It should be comparing miles to miles. The value is shown correctly in miles but the 1200 or number I set isn’t in miles it’s in km.

If I did the same thing with “Coolant Temperature” which I set in the app to Fahrenheit it works just fine.

That’s exactly what I meant, where did this value come from because it’s a calculated value and not part of the ECU, you can try to see where this value comes from ODO TRIP A TRIP B I couldn’t understand where the value was taken from
in the garage there is distance between services & hours between services don’t rely get it

You can set the distance till next service through the garage. Thats technically the maximum as when you reset it it’ll go back to that value. Then as you drive it lowers the value through its own calculations and the current value gets stored in “distance till next service”. Neither Trip A nor Trip B affect this.

This is a calculation error by the developers as I’ve ran into similar issues before. Usually I just email Jani about it.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information I thought I was helping but you helped me

No worries. I use the app religiously so I use to just email Jani about bugs but he told me to start using the forums to report them.

Most of the time I can either replicate the issue or find out what specifically what it is but I’m not part of the development team to edit coding let alone know how to.

So it’s treating 1200 or whatever variable I’m using to compare against as km instead of miles. That’s the calculation error.

735 miles is 1198.961 kilometers via Google so that’s how I know.

Can you not set it to 1932 and that will come out to the 1200 miles you were expecting?

I could but that would be a temporary fix.

I stated with Celsius and Fahrenheit, Celsius is the main value and gets calculated into Fahrenheit. I have Fahrenheit set into the app settings and when I make triggers I can directly use Fahrenheit values.

So the same thing should apply to kilometers and miles.

One thing at the time please. What would you like me to take a look at first?

At triggers please. I have app settings for Fahrenheit and Miles but in triggers it’s using km instead.

‘Distance til Next Service’ is getting pulled as miles and is shown correctly. But if I compare it to a static value like 1200, it’s treating the 1200 as km and not miles.

Ex: If ‘Distance until Next Service’ is less or equal to 1200

Trigger doesn’t perform at 1200 miles, it’s performed at 1200 kilometers.

Alright, will put that to fix list.

Thank you, also I was working on my dash yesterday afternoon. Both on PC and Android if you try to copy a trigger or action it would closer the app. I have the latest android version, I don’t know which version I have on my PC.

Yes, we noticed that too on 2.4.2. Will update soon to fix this.

Thank you.

In the meantime, do you guys plan to update your web page on target ids.

https://realdash.net/manuals/targetid.php

I’m getting more creative on triggers and finding myself needing ids that aren’t listed here.

I was hoping for a complete so I wouldn’t have to message you guys every time.

Currently I need ‘Distance till Next Service’ and ‘Hours till next Service’ as I’ve made a custom trigger for reminder.

Hey, are there any updates?