RealDash version 2.3.7

• 2.3.7 released 26.2.2024

New:

• Option to combine one day trips.
  • Fade Gauge Action: Option to select easing function.
  • New Action: Animate Value.
  • DashTalk: updated to gpt-3.5-turbo.
  • Garage Tyre setting: Pressure Warning Limit.

Fixes:

• Fuel consumption correction is now applied to trips with Fuel Flow input.
  • Fixed an issue with units text gauges.
  • Fixed updated dashboard not offering a Download option in the Gallery.
  • Fixed issues with NMEA2000 CAN connection.
  • Android: Fixed a issue with multiple USB connections.

Update:

Immediately after releasing 2.3.7, we got a message from OpenAI that our API key has ‘leaked’ and was disabled. Will need to investigate how to integrate the key in secure way.

3 Likes

Please add short MP4 Video file loading possible as intro animation!

Intro already supports mp4 videos.

1 Like

Oh ok. My bad! What’s the max duration?

The reason why I have asked is because I will be soon showcasing my vehicle in some french club saloon! To my preference my intro will be 3 to 5 second max! But for the show maybe a mp4 setup with more! My main board is a Rockchip rk3399, a beast!
With the possibility to built my own ROM! For my setup to work seamlessly and for now I have added a LiPo secondary battery for standby mode when car is parked for at least 4 days. I also have an auto start mode that monitors the batteries and would start the engine for a little charge up if any of them would go bellow a certain threshold. My dash system is always on no matter sleep mode or up mode! Will share design as soon as possible! I have so much coming! Just stay tuned!!!

It is not limited in any way.

1 Like

How will this DashTalk work?

1 Like

Right now it does not as OpenAI locked our token, we are working around this.

DashTalk uses speech recognition. If spoken text is not detected as known command ( Supported voice commands - General / Frequently Asked Questions - RealDash Forum ), prompt is sent to ChatGPT to have a discussion over long, lonely trips.

3 Likes

I tried the voice commands and it’s interesting. But when I use them, the poweramp stops and does not restart. I have to reopen poweramp.

I’m running a pi5 with realdash 2.3.7… I am trying to make a button toggle a gpio output 21 (pin 40). I am new to this, and have tried different action types, and the only way it seems I can control the output is by using the terminal and typing in ( gpioset gpiochip4 21=0 or 1).I am trying to control a relay on a tophat board. Any advice on how to toggle this output with one pushbutton would be a great help. Edit: ^^^action type/run terminal command ^^^

This should work:

Action Type: Toggle Value on/off
Select Input: GPIO: Output (Pin 40)

Tried that, I’m wondering is the code for controlling the gpio different from pi 4 to pi5 and if so is the real dash updated for that. I had to install Bob Rathbones GPIOconverter just to get the ability to control the GPIO outputs. So is the action/toggle GPIO sub commands in realdash outputting the GPIO in this format ( gpioset gpiochip# ?=?).

I get no output to pin 40, using the action type=toggle on/off…select input= GPIO outputs (pin40). I do get a output by selecting= push button and input= run terminal command (gpioset gpiochip4 21= 1 or 0)

I have the new RP5 and if your using python the commands are different than the RP before.

Yes I would agree, I am curious to know if real dash has made that change as well because that’s why the GPIO actions don’t work. I guess that would be the better question…is realdash using python3 for the script commands?

No, I was just assuming it works the same as older PIs. I will take a look and attempt to fix for next release.

1 Like

Ok thank you, I will be looking forward to the new release! :grin:

Very cool, I’m doing some tests on the API and I noticed that it is possible to ask questions about specific variables in the code, I think it would be possible to ask questions related to Realdash variables such as: What is the engine temperature? What is the fuel level? Among others.