Running without an ECU

A couple questions before I get started.

My planned setup:
OneGauge: I do not have an ECU so this will aggregate all my sensor data, gps speed, odometer, etc
TCM-430: stand alone TCM for the 47re. It has CAN and I’m hopeful it will connect to the OneGauge (still tracking this down with those companies)
rpi5: to run RealDash, boots from NVME M.2 drive for speed
RealDash: display

I have been able to get RealDash to load the custom CAN xml from OneGauge and see the sensors.

I would like to develop my dash on windows, then import it into android for the truck.

It sounds like I would need to buy the premium dashboard for both windows and android, with is fine. After that, will I be able to modify the dashboard on windows and run it on android?

If I buy the stand alone app and the premium dash, does it require a network connection to run? Where I live there is very spotty cell coverage so an internet connection as a requirement to run is a no go for me. I’m hoping once I own the app that is all I need.

Summary:

1. if I buy a dashboard for both windows and android can I modify in windows and use on android?
  2. Is an internet connection required?
  3. Is there a recommended Android for the rpi?

thanks,
david

1. if I buy a dashboard for both windows and android can I modify in windows and use on android? - Yes, but strongly suggest you subscribe to My RealDash.
  2. Is an internet connection required? - Intermittent internet connection is required for My RealDash (MRD), but this has been gradually relaxed by the developers, so as long as you have cell coverage on occasssion you should be ok.
  3. Is there a recommended Android for the rpi? - I believe they test it on Raspbian, so again you are better with MRD to get access to the Linux version. If you must use Android you will need to experiment, it should work though.

Where can I find information on what you get with the paid for vs free version, and what My Real Dash provides? Most products websites have a page that shows the differences between the different options. I’ve not found that.

I see I get access to free premium dashes with my real dash, but that isn’t of interest to me.

thanks

Here is a writeup with different purchase options. Hope it helps.

RealDash purchase options - General / Frequently Asked Questions - RealDash Forum